SSIA Press Release
Following is text you can use as a press release for your business. Simply copy and paste it into an e-mail and send it to your local media. If you like, you can personalize the release by changing some of the generic terminology (local shoe care professional, etc.) to your name or your shop’s name. When you contact the media, feel free to use SSIA as a resource they can contact for more information. The can contact email@example.com or 410-569-3425 with any questions.
Shop the Shoe Store in Your Closet: National Shoe Repair Awareness Week is October 12-16
The COVID-19 pandemic is changing the way we shop and has everyone is looking for ways to save. If you’re looking to put a little pep in your step on a reasonable budget, take a look in your closet. According to the Shoe Service Institute of America, most Americans retire their favorite footwear too soon. We can make your old favorites look new again for a fraction of the cost of new shoes.
“Most adults own two or three pairs of shoes they don’t wear because the shoes need repair,” says SSIA President Jim McFarland. “People are not aware of the variety of services available for both new and old shoes.”
In addition to replacing soles and heels with materials that are often better than those originally on the shoe, we can:
- stretch shoes for increased comfort
- modify shoes to fit unique feet
- professionally waterproof shoes to protect from salt stains
- replace plastic heel tips with safer non-skid rubber
- apply heel savers to prolong the life of the heel
- apply protective soles to prolong the life of leather soles
- replace eyelets and other hardware
You can also visit us with new shoes. Here are a few ways we add value to new footwear.
- Protective soles can be applied to extend sole life and increase slip resistance.
- Shoes can be dyed if a color change is necessary.
- Shoes that are too tight can be stretched up to a quarter size.
- Plastic heels can be replaced with slip-resistant rubber.
- Shoes can be weatherproofed for added protection in wet or oily environments.
More than shoes
- Our expertise isn’t limited to your feet. We can:
- Replace Zippers
- Shorten belts
- Repair luggage
- Re-lace baseball gloves
- Stitch handbags
- Repair jacket tears
- Refinish leather coats
- Replace buckles
Quality shoes aren’t cheap and a favorite pair of shoes is hard to replace. So take a look in your closet, find your old favorites and bring them to us so we can help you maximize your investment.
For more information on shoe repair and to find a shop near you, visit the Shoe Service Institute of America online at www.ssia.info.