SSIA Convention Reports
116th Annual Convention
July 11-12, 2020
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
- Room nights guaranteed - 300
- Room nights booked as of 3/9/20 - 143
- Deadline for reservations - June 16, 2020
- Note: SSIA's contract requires SSIA fill at least 80 percent of its room block (240 room nights). If SSIA falls short of that, the association is liable for the lack of revenue ($159 plus tax for each room night SSIA falls short).
Important Convention Links
SSIA Policies on Exhibit Space
- Exhibit space is available to SSIA supplier members only.
- Non-member suppliers wishing to exhibit at SSIA’s annual convention must apply for membership by April 15 of that year. After April 15, supplier membership applications will not be considered prior to the convention.
- Only SSIA supplier members that have purchased a booth are permitted in the exhibition hall and may participate in SSIA activities. Supplier members that have not purchased a booth are welcome in the annual business meeting.
- Exhibit personnel is limited to SSIA supplier members only. Exhibit space cannot be sublet to non-member companies, however a supplier exhibiting a product they sell but do not manufacture may have a representative of the manufacturing company in its exhibit.
- Exhibitors must be in good financial standing with SSIA before reserving exhibit space.
- Shoe repairers who are paid representatives of the exhibiting company may staff the exhibit.
- Shoe service wholesalers, orthopedic distributors, or their employees are not permitted to work a booth at an SSIA-sponsored event. Representatives of non-member companies are also not permitted to work a booth.
SSIA Policies on Attendance
- SSIA member repairers and their employees/families may attend free of charge
- Non-member repair shops pay $10 per person
- SSIA member wholesalers and their employees/families may attend free of charge
- Non-member wholesalers may not attend.
- Only SSIA member suppliers that have purchased exhibit space are permitted on the show floor. Member suppliers who have not purchased exhibit space may attend the annual meeting.
- Non-member suppliers may not attend.
How SSIA Selects Convention Sites
SSIA works with Christine Hellvig of Conference Direct to select convention sites. SSIA specifies the city(ies) where it wants to hold the convention. Conference Direct solicits proposals, arranges site visits and works on contract negotiation as well. Conference Direct is paid by the hotel. They earn commissions on SSIA's bookings. There is no out-of-pocket cost to SSIA.
1011 S. Valentia Street, #100
Denver, CO 80247