Google

Shoe Repair

in the News

Click here for all of the headlines

Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tips from SSIA Professionals
 Ask the Experts
 Ripped patent leather heels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

chiehza

3 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  04:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wore these patent leather heels out last night, and somehow (I seriously do not know how) destroyed them. On one shoe, the leather on the back of the heel is ripped and it's almost coming off in a small chunk. I bought these shoes in Paris and there's pretty much no way to replace them... is there ANY possible way of repairing them?

Thank you so much.

Randy Lipson

427 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  08:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Randy Lipson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes they are repairable. The heel block is covered in the patent leather. We can remover the block, take off the old leather and recover the block in new patent leather. What color is it?
Not all repair shops will offer this service but you can send it to someone who will. Where are you located? I will suggest someone close if I can.

Randy Lipson
Cobblestone Shoe Repair
St. Louis, Mo.
636-532-1046
randy@cobblestoneshoerepair.com
www.cobblestoneshoerepair.com
Go to Top of Page

chiehza

3 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  5:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The leather is black; I'm located in Orange County, California. It would be awesome if you could recommend anyone within this area, or maybe even Los Angeles. Anything is appreciated. Thank you so much!
Go to Top of Page

Randy Lipson

427 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  6:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Randy Lipson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Deluxe Shoe Repair
220 Newport Center Dr
suite 12 B
949-719-1758
Avo

Factotum Shoe Repair
392 Ocean Ave
949-497-4114
Danielle

These two are good shops in the area.

Randy Lipson
Cobblestone Shoe Repair
St. Louis, Mo.
636-532-1046
Go to Top of Page

chiehza

3 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  2:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

lu3729

2 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  7:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I happen to have the same problem with a pair of my shoes and surprisingly is in the OC area as well. My question is which one of the recommended shops did you take your shoes to, how much did it end up costing and would you recommend it?
Go to Top of Page

startracie

1 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  4:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am having the same problem. Could you recommend someone in Houston?
Go to Top of Page

Randy Lipson

427 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  5:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Randy Lipson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Houston Shoe Hospital has 9 locations in the greater Houston Area
their website is www.theshoehospital.com

Randy Lipson
Cobblestone Shoe Repair
St. Louis, Mo.
636-532-1046
Go to Top of Page

Hartland

784 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  11:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hartland's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what you may think is "ruined", may not be ruined, but might be repaired by someone who is an expert with high heel repairs...
Darker colors especially....(light colored heels with rips and scrapes may be more difficult and will probably need to have the leather heel covers replaced or redyed.

I took a pair of black patent leather shoes in yesterday, and leather was ripped like a finger nail pulled to the side (ouch) I was able to glue the tear down using vinyl glue, and with my hot curling Iron, I was able to smooth the leather down quite a bit, and use a bit of heel ball wax to fill in the cracks. She was totally surprised and went away saying, "I was sure I had ruined these..."

I guess it depends how much time and patience you have to visit shops and show them the damage, and see what they can do... Good Luck!!

Gene's Hartland Shoe Repair - Saint Paul MN

Edited by - Hartland on 10/03/2008 11:59:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

hbockrath

1 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  1:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if you might know of an area near Kansas City (on the Kansas side) where someone specializes in high heels... I recently adopted a puppy and she kind of got into the habit of chewing up shoes. One of my favorite pairs has a shiny leather heel (maybe patent leather?) and she put a few teeth marks into it and ripped some of it apart. I can't find this shoe anywhere to replace it and am seeking every option possible!
Go to Top of Page

kelea

1 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  7:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in NYC in Manhattan and I have 3 pairs of patent leather shoes that desperately need resurfacing. I love these shoes and there is just no way to replace them.
Go to Top of Page

Dana

81 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  3:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In New York:

B. Nelson Shoe Corp.
6th Ave.
New York, NY 10020
United States
Phone: 800-750-7669
nickv@bnelsonshoes.com
http://www.bnelsonshoes.com

In Kansas City:
try these or MAIL THEM TO B NELSONS

RUCKER SHOE REPAIR
1729 QUINDARO BLVD
KANSAS CITY, KS 66104

Westfield Shoe Repair
8131 State Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66112
Phone: 913-334-2506

Bootblack Inc.
2401 Central Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66102
United States
Phone: 913-748-5960
break99down@aol.com

If your shoes fit, repair them
Dana

Dana Huval, C-Ped
Huval's Boot and Shoe Repair
Crowley LA
Go to Top of Page

amy11081

1 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  2:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any suggestions for a place in Boston? I have a pair of silver heels. The back of the heels were ripped walking along our very charming cobblestone and brick sidewalks and streets (with the occasional grate doing a number on them, too). I think they need to be glued, filled, and buffed as was mentioned above.
Go to Top of Page

Liby

1 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  1:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any suggestions for a place in Philadelphia? I have several heels to repair!
Go to Top of Page

Hartland

784 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  11:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hartland's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.ssia.info/consumers/index.asp

click on the link above.

We have a link there called "shop locater"

type your city or zip code (either where you live or where you work)

Note: Shops listed are of Our SSIA association...(not all shops in your town are members)

when you find a shop near you, I would suggest visiting them to show them the shoe that you need repaired is better than calling (unless you need directions and hours)

Gene's Hartland Shoe Repair - Saint Paul MN

Edited by - Hartland on 10/03/2008 11:57:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

bridgette

1 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  10:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have pair of leather boots with patent tips and heels. Scratched them and woould love it if you could reccommend someone in Burbank CA that could fix this? Much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts © 2014 Shoe Service Institute of America Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000