Google

Shoe Repair

in the News

Click here for all of the headlines

Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tips from SSIA Professionals
 Ask the Experts
 how to save my new running shoes??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theophil42

2 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  10:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,

i have a quite new pair of running shoes (new balance). last week, i went jogging and fell. it ripped the sort of ventilation mesh/clothe on the inner side of the shoe. at the beginning it was only a small hole, but after two more running sessions, it's getting larger and larger. is there anyway i can sew it together? it's kind of a weird fabric...

here's a picture i found on the internet:

in my case it's the grey mesh you see on the picture that has a hole in it.

is there anyway i can repair this or at least stop the hole from getting bigger?

thanks,

phil

Edited by - theophil42 on 04/23/2007 10:35:23 AM

Hartland

784 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  11:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hartland's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wearing it is probably causing it to rip more...
You need to have it repaired by a shoe repair shop...but we can't fix it with nylon mesh... (Unless you happen to have an old pair that is made the same way, and it can be safely removed by a shoemaker)
Putting super glue, or other kinds of glue one it won't help, only makes it worse... you need to have it replaced or have a grey piece of sueded leather to replace that piece of mesh.

You are not the only one, I have fixed many of those which the person's big toe nail cuts through where the suede leather and the nylon mesh are sewn....I usually cut the stitches of the leather holding the mesh and glue a nice soft piece of sueded leather over the hole and resew it under the original leather at the toe, and sew a line on top of the mesh to hold that edge down ... I have some customers who have me put that patch ontop before they wear them, to add more time to the life of the shoe.

the sueded pigskin is what I usually use...regular patching leather doesn't work as nicely, because it is too stiff....

Gene's Hartland Shoe Repair - Saint Paul MN
Go to Top of Page

theophil42

2 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  04:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks a lot!

i'm heading to the next shoe repair shop this afternoon....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts © 2014 Shoe Service Institute of America Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000