Google

Shoe Repair

in the News

Click here for all of the headlines

Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tips from SSIA Professionals
 Ask the Experts
 Convert high to low heel?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

datastat

2 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  08:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I have boots with about a 2.25 inch stacked wide heel. They're a little high for me but I like the boots a lot. Can I have the heel replaced with a lower heel? If so, how low can I go?

Thanks!

Randy Lipson

427 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  10:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Randy Lipson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Put your boot on the end of a table. Drop the heel off the table until the sole is resting on the back end of the ball of foot area. Measure the amount of the heel that is off the table and that's how low your heel can be cut down without lowering the heel too much. the boot needs to stay balanced with the heel to be wearable. As for as replacing the block with a lower heel block, it can be done but still has to set correctly. Cutting down a heel block even a 1/4 inch will take a lot of pressure off the ball of foot.

Randy Lipson
Cobblestone Shoe Repair
St. Louis, Mo.
636-532-1046
randy@cobblestoneshoerepair.com
www.cobblestoneshoerepair.com
Go to Top of Page

datastat

2 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  10:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Randy,
Thank you for the information! Could someone actually cut the existing heel or would I have to have the heel completely replaced? How much do you think something like this would cost for both boots?

Thanks for all of your help!
Go to Top of Page

Randy Lipson

427 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  4:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Randy Lipson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the repair process depends on how the manufacture made the heel. cost would depend on that. probably under 20.00 this is a repair that must be done by a professional repair shop

Randy Lipson
Cobblestone Shoe Repair
St. Louis, Mo.
636-532-1046
randy@cobblestoneshoerepair.com
www.cobblestoneshoerepair.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts © 2014 Shoe Service Institute of America Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000