Google

Shoe Repair

in the News

Click here for all of the headlines

Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tips from SSIA Professionals
 Ask the Experts
 making a short boot shaft smaller
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blackcat1369

1 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2014 :  5:11:06 PM  Show Profile
i recently purchased a pair of 8 inch dr martens pull on engineer style boots. Because they are wide at the top they offer no support and allow the heel to slip and make the whole boot feel too big. I have a solution i think would work and would like some input from the experts as to what they think... I want to split the shaft on one side slightly off center from top of the shaft to down by the ankle and attach two buckle straps thus making it where it overlaps and can be buckled close to the leg. The off center split would bring the edge of the overlap to where it would be centered on the side of the boot... If i havent made myself clear, i can send pix or a drawing to illustrate what im trying to say... does this sound like a feasible idea? i would appreciate any feedback you folks could offer.
PS the shaft would be under my pant leg anyway so it wouldnt have to be cosmetically perfect
thanks,
-dan
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts © 2014 Shoe Service Institute of America Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000