Google

Shoe Repair

in the News

Click here for all of the headlines

Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tips from SSIA Professionals
 Ask the Experts
 VAMP IS IN DISREPAIR
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JerryWalck

1 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2014 :  5:00:29 PM  Show Profile
I am a Funeral Director's Assistant and I have to look professional all of the time. As such, I thought if I purchased seven pairs of the same kind of shoes and only wear them one day a week, my shoes would ALWAYS look GREAT.

Unfortunately, I have found this to be untrue.

I purchase my Cole Haan captoe shoes from Joseph A. Bank. Each pair is placed into its own pair of shoe trees after being worn that particular day. The name is Caldwell and the color is Black.. My size is 11D while the number is 08330. Every thing about the shoe is fantastic and retains color and durability in all areas but the top of the vamp. The top of the vamp next to the captoe is wrinkly, unsightly, and the top skin is peeling away from the shoe. The balance of the vamp on the sides and to the rear are perfect.

Now, please keep in mind, I only wear these shoes once a week as I have seven pairs. ALL seven pairs have the same problem. Are you able to tell me why?

Within a matter of months, I noticed the black stitching in the soles starting to fray and stick out. After about another month, the black stitching is completely gone and the only thing holding the shoe together appears to be the glue. Is this normal?

If what I have describe to you is some sort of manufacturer;s defect, would you be able to place this into the words the manufacturer will understand?

Please advise?

Thank you.

G J Walck Jr
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts © 2014 Shoe Service Institute of America Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000