Google

Shoe Repair

in the News

Click here for all of the headlines

Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tips from SSIA Professionals
 Ask the Experts
 Adding slight heel to flat oxfords
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cejl

1 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  3:46:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone has experience adding some height to a flat oxford style shoe. The shoes in question have about a 1/2" rubber heel and I'd like to add another 1/2".

I have some pronation in my feet, and find that a 1" heel helps to align my feet.

If it's at all a normal thing, do you think it's possible to do myself? (I am fairly handy DIYer..)

For reference, these are the shoes: http://www.littleburgundyshoes.com/ca-eng/women/shoes/oxfords/93229882-amareldee/17

Hartland

784 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  09:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hartland's Homepage
Hi,
this happens to be the kind of job that most shoe repair shops are very capable of doing. We have 1/2" heels already in stock, and the only thng that would hinder would be how good it matches and if your shoe isn't a good candidate....I wouldn't try it at home without visiting your shoe shop first...
While you are there, you may find out about other things that they are good at, and the many shoe care products, insoles, laces, etc that they have available for you.

thanks for visiting,

Good luck

Gene's Hartland Shoe Repair - Saint Paul MN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts © 2014 Shoe Service Institute of America Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000