Google

Shoe Repair

in the News

Click here for all of the headlines

Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tips from SSIA Professionals
 Ask the Experts
 Gluing insoles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Missyf4

2 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  11:50:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have twice been bitten now by a certain brand of shoes, initials W.M. The insoles of these shoes, which aesthetically and comfort-wise I love, but the insoles keep coming unglued. The recent pair has a memory foam pad insole. I also have a pair of sandals that the thin leather insole peeled up around most of the shoe. Any suggestions for what kind of glue/glues I can use to repair them myself?

Randy Lipson

427 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  1:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Randy Lipson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It needs to be a contact cement. Shoe Repair shops carry contact cements in tubes and squeeze bottles. You need to apply the cement to both the insole and the shoe and slide them in place. Let the glue dry once you have the insole in place and push it down after it dries.

Randy Lipson
Cobblestone Shoe Repair
St. Louis, Mo.
636-532-1046
randy@cobblestoneshoerepair.com
www.cobblestoneshoerepair.com
Go to Top of Page

Missyf4

2 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  12:54:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Randy. From what I was reading here, it seemed like for the leather that was a definite. But it will work on the memory foam too?
Go to Top of Page

Randy Lipson

427 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  09:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Randy Lipson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it should work, hard to say without seeing it in person.

Randy Lipson
Cobblestone Shoe Repair
St. Louis, Mo.
636-532-1046
randy@cobblestoneshoerepair.com
www.cobblestoneshoerepair.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts © 2014 Shoe Service Institute of America Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000